Sunday 1 August 2010

Normandy (continued)

The end of the second day ended rather stressfully in that I thought I had had my digital camera stolen, we had ended the day in Ouistreham at a brasserie to have a meal and a drink and watch the sun go down.... on returning to the car and driving for about 7 miles back towards the hotel I had that "where is my camera...moment" I then remembered I had put it down on the floor next to my chair... 

So we turned around and headed back to Ouistreham.. we finally got there and I shot out of the car back towards the brasserie at warp factor 9 and interrogated the waitresses with my best camera impression I could muster.... they all said "non"  and lifted their hands skyward in the typical French fashion shaking their heads at the mad Welshman standing in front of them gesturing wildly like a demented fool .....

Ahhhh well it was gone.... I wasn't upset about the camera I was more upset about all the lovely once in a lifetime photographs I had taken.... I think I was visibly upset when I got back to the car... so much so that my parents plotted behind my back to get me a new camera and stating that we had one more day and we could re-take the photographs... which was a poor substitute but our only viable option really .....
So we got back to the hotel and I ripped into the French on Facebook calling them nothing short of a set of froggy camera stealing people with no fathers who smelt of elderberries.....   

then my parents sprang the "Right we are getting you a new camera.... and no arguments" I've learned not to argue with my mother once she sets her mind to something... there is no turning her to your point of view.... 

so off we went to Cah fur and on parking up in the blue disabled car parking bay I automatically reached into the glove compartment to pull out my parents disabled badge to put it on the dashboard and there looking up at me was my "stolen" camera.... it was a mixture of relief and utter stupidity that washed over me.... ahhh well alls well that ends well....

I deleted my derogatory French bashing post on Facebook.... hoping nobody had noticed and slunk away to my room .....

No comments: