Sunday 27 October 2013

Well Well Well





I've just been contacted by somebody on facebook who pretty ruined my life back in 1982 along with my then wife Deborah Brabrook.....I'd just been posted to West Germany to a place called Celle, well to be more precise Sheuen near Celle.

My new wife at the time Deborah and I couldn't get married accommodation or married quarters in Celle, so a Soldier I'd befriended whilst at Celle offered to share his flat for us to stay at so we could be together as a married couple.

Great I thought we can be together at last.......

How wrong I was, my "Christian" wife at the time (spawn of satan damaged goods more like)  Deborah who was over the moon at being reunited with her loved one ....."me" allegedly...  .....decided within a few weeks...........to sleep with the very same friend who I had arranged to stay at his flat.... his wife "Sarah" knew nothing about it......neither did I until she (Deborah) weirdly confessed.....

Needless to say she didn't stop there she went through quite a few "soldiers" whilst I was posted there, I think the term is a dose of salts.....lets put it this way far too many to count on two hands...and quite a few after I left the army .....why I didn't dump her then I have no idea, I suppose I had this hard wired brain at the time that marriage was forever.... 

But had I dumped her then....I wouldn't have had two beautiful daughters much later in life...and yes they are mine, despite her many indiscretions....  so everything has a silver lining I guess if only to produce two wonderful daughters which I will never regret.....

Anyway.....

So fast forward 30 odd years and up pops the bloke I had thought as my friend all those years ago .....his first words were ..........."I apologise.....it's Paddy" that's all I needed ............ Sorry.....he was sorry ......it had obviously burned into his conscious all these years later..........

that meant WAY  more to me than 22 years of marriage to my first wife.......he was sorry he'd screwed over a friendship over a mere wife............


after all these years later.........amazing ..........


Paddy I salute you !!!!

ps/ I never once got an apology off my ex wife for anything.....she was after all perfect (in her eyes)

No comments: