Thursday 7 August 2008

Redundancy and the Holidays loom closer

I've got very little time to find another job so the pressure is on, I've had a few sparks of interest but there is very little in this area for somebody with my experience, I may have to drop working with computers and find something else to pay the bills, although having done this line of work since I left the army practically it's very alien to imagine doing anything else to be honest ....

we shall see what providence and a blitzkrieg approach to finding another job returns, my job has gone to India or will very shortly and some other guy will be doing it for 1/10th of what I am paid presently, but business is business and I can't really blame them for getting it done more cheaply abroad, I'm not entitled to any redundancy because I haven't been here for two years yet, actually it's not even one year, but it matters not even if I were it wouldn't amount to much anyway.

I'm not overly worried at the moment as I am sure I will find something but it's something we didn't need right now...

On a lighter note the Pug passed it's MOT for another year with flying colours, well almost, it failed on emissions but that was rectified by the tester by making the mixture leaner so it fell below the 3% Carbon Monoxide level, he then went into a spiel about you can't do that with the cars of today it's all computerised !!! I feigned interest, and stifled the impending yawn when he carried on...... I think I was marginally convincing, but either way it didn't have any advisories and he couldn't find fault with it, so I guess my car maintenance must be up to scratch considering the work it has had done on it...

We are all looking forward to our holiday up in North Wales, although the Xbox 360 recluse isn't coming with us he is staying with his father down in darkest Dartmoor for the week we are on holiday, don't ask it's very complicated but it was his decision, well actually that's not entirely accurate, but he boxed himself into a corner because of outside pressure that he simply couldn't get out of..... it will be good for them to spend time with each other and his Dad has already told him to buy him his first pint seeing as he is a working lad now, and who knows maybe his dad will make him see the error of his ways, although knowing teenage lads (mainly because I used to be one many moons ago) he will think he knows best, so I won't be holding my breath.... I've told him to not bother with Women seriously until they are at least 25 - 30 and their biological clocks have seriously kicked in, up until that point they are heart breakers, but some things you have to experience by yourself to truly understand....

Freya is an urban terrorist she has progressed from very badly slumping on the floor as her arms gave out, and travelling like an aged break dancer doing the worm, to now being able to get to most things which are under two feet from the ground, so we have to Freya proof a room before letting her loose in it, she really is very adept at crawling and climbing now, and has picked up the skills required in very short order, she hasn't as of yet mastered the controlled fall from standing, and has fallen like a tree on quite a few occasions but with each bang of the head, afterwards she seems to carry out a risk assessment before committing to anything and I have seen her abort a few missions probably because she remembers the last body slam on the wood flooring, like all things it takes time I guess, I should imagine it won't be very long before she is running about the place denting the woodwork with her forehead.

My stepdaughter went to the Blue Rock Festival last weekend, and came back looking and smelling like a tramp, which didn't seem to bother her, but three days camping at a festival does that to you, but fair dos she does scrub up well when she makes an effort so the odd spell looking like a homeless person won't do her any harm, the only other thing of note is that Andrea has imposed a pocket money fining regime, or to put it very basically, if they don't clean their bedrooms every day they get one days pocket money deducted from them, I happen to agree with her because other than the youngest shadow boy neither my step daughter or the xbox recluse help around the house at all unless specifically asked to do something, the only other time we get to hear anything from them is "when can you take me into town ?" and "what time is dinner/tea ?" ohhhh and of course the 20 second reverse charge phone call costing nearly £4 a pop asking when they can be picked up from town...I've told them the only time they can use reverse charge calls is when they are lying in a gutter with most of their limbs torn from their bodies.....anyway I digress.....so doing their bedrooms is the very least they can do to help.... so far their rooms are tidy but lets see how long it lasts before they start losing pocket money !!!

No comments: