Thursday 20 November 2008

I've almost completely lost my voice

Some would say that's a good thing, but personally it's a bit of a bugger, for instance I had to ring up a motor spares place in Carmarthen, after ringing Kwik Fit for a laugh, where they wanted £78 for a back exhaust box for a Peugeot 205.... So I asked how much the part was without fitting, he knocked £10 off !!! .... Oh how I laughed at that quote.......

Anyway I rang up the "cheap" place in Carmarthen and sure enough he had one for £26 !!! but the hardest part was actually trying to tell him what I wanted, I mean he isn't a spring chicken and I usually have enough trouble telling him what I want when I can speak properly....... but he must have thought "who the hell is this hissing, warbling bloke and more to the point what does he actually want ?"

Well after about 25 minutes (I kid you not) I eventually got across what I wanted, the hardest part was saying "exhaust" that came out like "sssssssssorrrrrsssttttt" .... anyway I now have a pristine back box for a pug sitting in the dog bed in the kitchen, much to Roxy's disgust, so I will be under the Pug tomorrow hissing away as I remove and fit the new "ssssssssorrrrrrssstttt" shouldn't be a long job and it will stop the Pug sounding like a Formula One racing car as it pulls away (The kids loved it.... unfortunately the coppers wouldn't)... anyway it will all be done and dusted tomorrow all being well, that reminds me I must try and find some gasket paste, I'm sure I have some hidden away in the workshop.....

I'm feeling tons better, but far from out of the woods just yet, I have the most excruciating coughing fits at night, but thankfully I only had one last night not my usual three or four, so I'm getting SOME sleep, It's definitely flu, a cold wouldn't last this long with me, but it looks like my immune system has woken up and is kicking some influenza arse.....

Job wise the market is almost completely flat, it's rather depressing when you look and there are less and less jobs on offer, but I'm an optimist and I'm sure something will turn up soon.... it has to !!!


Oh and I just have to put this photo up of Freya, makes me smile every time I see it :)


No comments: