Thursday 17 March 2011

Faithless.....

I had a "Take That" moment last night, my favourite ever dance band "Faithless" have split up.....(or are in the process of splitting up) NOOOOOOOOO.

Maxi Jazz, Sister Bliss and Rollo have decided to call it a day and return the book to the library as he put it, it's not like they have dropped out of popularity, they consistently headline festivals and command massive crowds of fans when they perform, but I guess after 15 or so years of performing and touring it makes you want to move on with something else. Even so it will leave a massive hole in the dance music scene.... I would have loved to have gone and seen them one last time, but alas they aren't performing near here....sad day....

Anyway on a slightly brighter note (for me at least) I have fixed my computers strange habit of overheating the CPU by replacing the CPU with a Fleabay bought second user CPU for £30 !!!  which is actually faster than the one it replaces by a large margin and now runs incredibly cool even when all four cpu cores are run at 100%....In which case the heat sensing diodes on my old CPU must have been brain damaged when the cooling heat sink fell off.

It's a bargain because it's still current and retails new for over £250.... I don't think they knew what they were selling... Oh well my gain their loss, all is fair in bidding and auctions....

The Japan nuclear situation is looking very grim indeed, they are dropping sea water on the reactors now via helicopter, which brings back memories of Chernobyl, needless to say if they have to drop it by helicopter then it's pretty safe to say that they've either lost containment or that radiation levels are too high to risk putting people in there.... A very grim situation, I've seen a few anti nuclear lobbyists venting their anger with a "told you so" attitude on the TV.... but in Japan's case what alternatives did they have to supply energy to their people ? They knew it was a risk putting nuclear reactors so near to a major fault line but like all the "experts" have been saying this recent event is a once in a 100 year event, and you can't design out every eventuality or disaster, you can try but there will always be something that comes along to destroy the theory. It's a truly awful triple whammy they've had and I can only see things getting worse.

No comments: