Wednesday 20 January 2010

Well that's the tax return filed online

I have to admit it was pretty painless and far easier to fill it in online than the reams of paper you usually get in book form from HMRC. They had most of my details already filled in which saves a lot of writing and the good news is I've overpaid my tax in 2008 so we are due a refund :) it's all good....

The endless finding a job routine is still ongoing, I have noticed that there are a lot more openings appearing on the various websites I frequent and the job market is slowly creeping back to the outer reaches of Wales.... We will see..... maybe we are crawling out of recession faster than expected....

I've also declared all out war on the mouse population the death toll is rising and Roxy's dried food pack is remaining remarkable full these days albeit suspended above the toilet with strimmer cable to keep them off it, and a gauntlet of cunning and extremely hazardous traps laid for the unwitting rodents.... if the mouse traps don't get them the toilet bowl does .... Muah hahahahahaha.....

The only other thing I have got remotely excited about was the new version of Picasa from Google which now has face recognition built in :) basically you teach it who is who just once .....then when you import your pictures it recognises them and files them accordingly ..... it's quite clever really and it took up at least half an hour of my day yesterday ..... yawn

No comments: