Friday 25 May 2007

First entry :¬)

I've been looking for a good blog site for months, but they all seemed like too much bother to setup, this one however which was recommended by a friend does exactly what it says on the tin, (and is run by google) and it's easy to use, and above all QUICK !!!

so here goes :)

well things have been pretty hectic of late, I have recently moved in with my girlfriend and her three children, I finally decided to make an honest woman of her and proposed in traditional style on bended knee, and presented her with a beautiful 18 carat white gold solitaire 1/2 carat diamond engagement ring, she promptly burst into tears in a true and girly fashion and thankfully (phew) accepted my proposal .

The date is set all we have to do now is turn up, it's not going to be a big wedding we have both done that silliness before, and as we say to each other about our previous marriages... "that went well didn't it ?" and it's pointless doing it again, we are just keeping it fairly low key, just family and friends, even so the invite list is increasing by the day, and and now she is like a woman possessed all things wedding related are on the agenda, we have had our Sherlock moments, tracking down Decree Absolutes and birth certificates, but we got there in the end :)

it's been a bit difficult for me adjusting to family life again, after so long, and I have to admit I did miss it terribly, but things have slotted into place rather nicely, I have to smile when I see that series of adverts by BT, with that bloke who takes on a family, the parallels are scarily close, and speaking of parallels, it seems my 52" TV has been adopted by all and sundry, including the youngest, who takes great delight in hiding the remote control from me in an attempt to stop me from changing channels from CBBeebies, every morning, and we have more computers and xbox 360's and PS2's than you can shake a stick at, all of course connected via Wifi to the internet, and I seem to spend rather a lot of my spare time removing spyware, virus's and other nasties from them, but as they say, it's handy having a resident IT Guru on tap to sort out the messes they get into, I'm seriously thinking of switching them all over to Linux, it's a free operating system for a start, it doesn't need the computing power of a small country to run it, in fact a crappy old Pentium III will fly on it, and it simply doesn't break !!!

other than that all things being equal things are pretty damn good at the moment, we live in a beautiful valley, with 10 acres of open field all around us and a lovely river not far away, I might take up fishing again :)....and the nearest neighbour is miles away, all in all a very tranquil place to live, its a gorgeous part of Carmarthenshire, we have green woodpeckers who visit us regularly, all sorts of other bird life, fox's, owls, badgers... oh and we live next to a huge rookery there must be about 70 to 80 odd rooks nesting there, you would think it would be noisy, but they don't make much noise really, we haven't fallen out with them yet anyway :)

this weekend I'm going up to North Wales to help my best mate sort his house out, I dunno, it seems every weekend I am doing something, I don't think I have actually had a weekend yet where I did nothing all weekend , but I'm sure those will come .....eventually :)

I know next weekend I'm putting steps (paving slabs actually) in past the decking down to the lower garden so we don't take our lives into our own hands whilst trying to get down there, it does get a bit slick after it rains, which is most unusual in Wales...hmmm, anyway, but it shouldn't take long to do and the eldest lad has said he will muck in (for a price.....God kids today and free enterprise !!), and at some point I have to sort out a friends computer in Llanelli (he is a Vicar, and I have known him for years) .......so it's non stop......sigh.....I'd say "no rest for the wicked", but I simply don't have time to be wicked these days, I have no idea how often I will update this blog but as and when things that I think are worthy of being written about I will put fingers to keyboard :)

No comments: