Thursday 31 May 2007

Weddings & stuff


Well the day is looming closer….23 days and counting until I tie the knot with my intended ...... it is completely different to my first wedding, which admittedly I was far too young at the time, but you live and learn, I’m certainly wiser than that cold day in February 1981, and I must say happier about the whole thing, we were talking about it last night, both of us have been married before, and both of us had doubts with our first wedding/partner, but bizarrely not with ours, I guess it comes from knowing ones own mind finally, and your partners, and knowing it’s right from the ground up .... I have to say I don’t regret my first marriage, because it produced two lovely daughters, and without it, I wouldn’t be the person I am today, so we are all moulded by our past, it’s the one thing you can’t escape from...

My parents have accepted my fiancé completely, quite relieved that she is “utterly normal” which made me laugh, and I have been welcomed with open arms by my fiancés parents with similar relief expressed ....

Anyway I digress, do you have any idea how hard it is to choose music that is fitting for a wedding ? for those of you that have gone through this, you know what I’m talking about, we could of course choose all the songs that meant something to us, but it would be a pretty bizarre mixture, and then of course you have to think about the “cheese” factor, there is a fine line between something meaningful to us and something that makes the guests “barf” uncontrollably, so we are weighing up a humorous selection to help keep the bile down for the guests, the after party music isn’t a problem, it’s the 20 minutes before the bride to be arrives and the music during or afterwards, I do feel sorry for couples that enjoy “death metal” or “hardcore trance” the choices must be even more limiting .



The hugely massive gazebo has been bought and is apparently very easy to put up, thankfully we have a massive garden/field, which reminds me I must do those concrete steps this weekend !! it might stop our more elderly guests tripping the light fantastic past the decking and sprawling into the bottom of the garden, it does help living miles from anywhere, because we won’t be disturbing our neighbours with music pumping out into the early hours, but what do we care, we are going away straight after the party anyway !!

I shall keep you posted as to any developments that might happen, but so far things are going as expected

No comments: