Friday 13 July 2007

The holidays are upon us


Well I've booked a week off at the end of July, the weather forecast is looking horrible but I need a break from the routine, we have no idea of what we are going to do, my intention was to take two weeks off but because of the shift rota we can't have too many people off at the same time, so I have to split my summer break over two one week breaks. I was hoping to balance the two weeks between months so the pay packet wasn't hit too hard, I've still managed to do that but have had to forego the two week break.

At least this way we might get better weather in August, this year just seems to be flying past, what with getting married, having a new arrival in October coming, all the preparation, buying of cots and clothes and other baby related stuff.

It's a long time since I've been in this position, I didn't think I would have the opportunity again, but I am looking forward to it, we don't know it's sex yet, and we could have found out at the 20 week scan, we decided
not to though, what will be will be, and it will be loved whatever sex it is :) although I have to admit I would prefer a boy mainly because I have never experienced having a son before, but if it's a girl then at least I know what to expect, the tribe don't really have a preference except perhaps our resident teenage girl, she wants a sister, probably because she is outnumbered by the boys.

Andrea is being kicked to death on a daily basis now she is 25 weeks I think (probably a bit more, I'll probably be corrected), she isn't having a brilliant pregnancy she was blighted by blinding headaches in her first trimester her second calmed down a bit, and now she is suffering quite badly with aches and pains, I do feel for her, but there isn't a lot I can do to help ease her discomfort....I wish there was :(

I am convinced women have a selective memory when it comes to having babies they wipe out all the trauma of childbirth and pregnancy, or lessen it at least, it's a good thing I suppose or the human race would simply die out.

The netball/basketball hoop is going down a storm, probably the best £19.99 I have ever spent :) the kids have invented a game called "blob-ball" whereby you take it in turns to shoot and you have to shoot from wherever you manage to stop the ball, you also cannot pivot so if you catch the ball with the hoops behind you, you have to throw it over backwards, its good exercise and you would be surprised how knackered you get playing it, Lauren is probably the best at shooting she does after all play netball regularly, the Andrew can basket quite a few and is getting better as we play, it's 9 feet up the wall so it's not that easy to score, and in the few times we have been able to play in between torrential downpours this summer....it's been fun :)

No comments: