Monday 9 July 2007

This old chestnut again

Well it's July, summer is supposed to be here alas it seems to have forgotten where I live, after the torrential downpours of the last couple of months it would be foolish to expect a British summer to actually deliver anything remotely like sunshine. This weekend we had a brief window of the bright stuff interspersed with heavily laden rain clouds and I awoke this morning to FOG !! the whole valley was covered in thick summer mist (well I thought I would make it seasonal, but I can assure you it was FOG)


The only other news is that the mouse population has dwindled since I changed my tactics from releasing them in a "Born Free" style in the Savannah that is our 10 acre field to humanely removing them from the food chain, it was the only way to ensure they didn't find their way back, the red hand (and foot) gang never returned, probably traumatised by their punk style dye job, I haven't caught a mouse for over a week now.... I think the message is out on the jungle drums

Needless to say we now have ample food to feed the woodpeckers and blue tits and green finches (green sparrows to anybody else).... we eventually gave up on the cheese mountain left over from the wedding it was starting to grow penicillin in large quantities...... it is now feeding our bird population they really seem to like Stilton, it's quite funny really they queue up under the eaves for a stab at the nuts and snack on the cheese when it's raining then go back to the end of the queue once they have had their turn at the peanuts.....obviously British Birds, if they were German they would have already laid their towels out on the feeder :)

It seems like I am being dragged into the Big Brother 8 experience, I normally hate shows like this, mainly because of the so called entertainment value gained from the exploitation of others, having said that they do sign up for it so probably get everything they deserve for their 15 minutes of fame, but since the weather hasn't been fantastic it doesn't leave much else to do, if it had been nicer weather I would have been out on the hills walking somewhere..... But I have to say since having to watch it because of my nearest and dearest and her 13 year old daughter's obvious ravenous appetite for it, I have been drawn into it... I don't think there is a person in the country who doesn't want Charley out and to stay out, that is one eviction I will watch with interest, she has to be the most obnoxious person who has EVER graced our television screens, in fact I cannot recall having disliked a person more than her, and it takes quite a lot for me to dislike anybody, I hope she gets evicted on the fake eviction this Friday it might make others in the house realise just how awful she is as a person.

Anyway it must be a slow day for news, I'm talking about big brother .........how sad is that ?????

No comments: