Monday 30 July 2007

Ouuuuuchhhhhhhh !!!!

Well I managed to bring a bit of Haven holidays back with me, I have what feels like an outer ear infection in both ears, it hurts to touch or move my ears, it feels like it's in the cartilage of them, fortunately I had a
course of Amoxicillin left over from the dentist which is a broad spectrum antibiotic and I double dosed yesterday and I'm going to double dose today (the maximum dose is 1 gram a day which I am taking) it's eased off from yesterday at least..... I wasn't a very happy bunny yesterday at all, so what with my impressive bruise on my left inside forearm from the archery and my ringing painful ears, I haven't done too badly injury wise this year.

I'm convinced I got it from the pool in Haven, it seems a bit of a coincidence that both my ears flared up at the same time, mind you I have never forgotten what my father said about swimming pools (he built a few in
his time)


1. Never go in a swimming pool if the water looks cloudy
2. A clean pool is a crystal clear blue pool
3. If you can see any cloudiness it has massive levels of bacteria floating
about in it


plus I didn't see the pool attendants checking the pool chlorine and alkalinity levels once.... the whole time I was there, and it's policy to check a pool every 2 - 4 hours where it is under heavy use....and it was !!!


And I will never forget as a boy in Penarth Swimming pool, my father was friends with the owner and he used to let our family in after hours to have the pool to ourselves, and I remember once my Dad saying "nobody get in the pool yet it needs chlorine" and he was right the water looked very cloudy, so he went into the stores cupboard and measured out the correct amount of chlorine for the pool and dropped it into an intake on the side of the pool and turned the pumps up, the change was miraculous the pool changed from a cloudy blue to a crystal clear blue in a matter of 10 minutes you could see the bacteria dying off as the chlorine mixed with it :)


I have to admit in Haven there were times when the pool looked decidedly cloudy especially around the lights underwater, but having said that none of the kids caught anything and they were in it a lot more than me, who knows maybe the bacteria just loved me.... Anyway I'm on the mend now the Antibiotics are making a huge difference already, and that reminds me I must take my second hit today :) It should be gone in a couple of days, but the ringing in my ears is driving me nuttttttttttts !!! (I wouldn't be worried normally.... but it's the voice in the background saying "kill everybody" I'm worrying about not the ringing so much ;¬) )


That said I really enjoyed our holiday, had a complete blast with the kids, especially the youngest who seems to be enjoying his time with me, although he did say something bizarre.... apparently his Dad told him at some point that "I wanted to kill all the children"....which made us both laugh.... but we are used to some of the ridiculous things he has come out with over the past year, and it says something when the youngest actually repeats to his potential lunatic killer step dad what his real dad has said...... guess he must be really scared of me huh ? ;¬)


Anyway enough of these ramblings time to work


Now where is my coffee :)

No comments: