Saturday 6 March 2010

2.9 billion miles and £198 million pounds

For something smaller than this full stop >.<

which has been collected by the spacecraft "Stardust" and sent back to earth which was launched on the 7th February 1999....

The thing is they think the two specks they have are from the same particle....unlucky !!! ..... exciting stuff eh ? ....(not)

I'm all for science and exploration but I fail to see a bigger waste of money than pouring nearly 200 million pounds (300 million dollars) to collect two specks of dust from a comets tail.... Well OK the CSA(CMEC) probably have a less impressive record and in the long run it's probably cheaper to collect space dust than child maintenance payments though the CSA/CMEC Anyway ... life goes on....

Andrea and her Father are running the Llanelli Half Marathon tomorrow, she should do a good time I have every faith in her abilities she's going from strength to strength... She had her photograph taken the other day for the Carmarthen Journal so hopefully her article should appear in there at some point....so that should help with fund raising. She hasn't got long now to hit her target for Asthma UK ... I'm sure she will she's one determined woman....

I had the most hilarious encounter on Facebook the other day, and I mean I laughed till it hurt...... somebody added me as a friend I knew who they were immediately...I did wonder why they were trying to add me as a friend but I thought what the hell lets see what he has to say for himself.... The conversation went like this....

Friend : Hi.... your name rings a bell I'm sure you were in the same regiment as me 1981 - 84 ??

Me: Yes I was.... I remember you

Friend: This is really bugging me now because I have a feeling we got on really well but I can't for the life of me place you .....

Me: I remember you vividly although I knew you as "Chappie" are you still married to the same woman ?

Friend: God your memory is good ....Yeah we've been married coming up for 37 years now....

Me: Congratulations..long time.....I only managed 22 years..... I've remarried now, I traded the old model in... lol... you knew her"

Friend: did I ? who were you married to back then ?

"I was actually laughing out loud at this point...he had no a clue who he was talking to......"

Me: Yup you did....

Friend : What was her name my memory isn't as good as it was....I'm 50 years old now after all even if you tell me I probably won't remember...

Me: She was called Debbie she worked in the NAAFI

long pause........

Me: are you still there ?

Friend: Oh Sh!t ... sorry....look I've got to go.....

Me: it's water under the bridge Chappie it happened a long time ago..... forget it ...

long pause

Me: are you still there ?.....

That's the last I heard from him he then removed me from his friends list and blocked me .... the moral of the story is "Beware your sins will find you out".... I suspect his wife still doesn't know what he got up to in 1982 (or thereabouts) or with who ....and neither was he giving her the remotest opportunity....The funniest part thought was that he couldn't remember what he got up to either until I jogged his failing little grey cells......

Small world isn't it.....

No comments: