Monday 20 August 2007

Bizarre weather and a strange silence .....

I awoke this morning at 06:30am to get ready for my day, went downstairs made myself a coffee, and went outside onto the decking, it was a glorious morning, sunrise had just started and it was streaming through an almost cloudless sky lighting up the valley and warming my face... lovely I thought brilliant start to the day as I sipped my hot coffee, and listened to the woodpeckers and wood pigeons close by, (ok there was a crow too, but he didn't sound half as good) :)


I went back into the house with a smile on my face, put the television on to catch up with the news, only to be presented by the local weather forecast, which was giving a met office warning that Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire would have torrential rain and possible flooding.... "surely not" as I looked out of the living room window from the sofa, then at that precise moment the skies opened, and it was streaming down like stair rods, in the matter of a few seconds since coming in a huge black cloud had closed in on us and dumped enormous amounts of water on us in a few seconds, outside was a swimming pool, made worse by the agricultural auction held over the weekend which had turned our field into a quagmire and the surrounding
road.... oh well at least it will wash all the mud off the road outside our house by tonight I hope.

The only other news is that the kids have gone down to Exeter with their Dad, and the house seems eerily empty now, both of us are expecting a sudden explosion of sound or screeching to erupt, but it hasn't happened, the only other thing is that we have bought in food that WE like for these two weeks they are gone, and the change of diet is refreshing to say the least :) I dunno kids and fussy eaters!! Their dad has said they are doing all sorts these two weeks, camping, horse riding etc, they should have a really good time....I hope they do :)

On a slightly different note the eldest lad was recently told he was getting a motorbike by his dad, but unfortunately he lost the auction and of course the motorbike, which begs the question why get somebody's hopes up then dash them at the last minute??..... Needless to say he was gutted, he should have just kept it to himself until he actually had it to give, rather than what he did, there is no point in promising things that may not happen, it's a bit like the boy who cried wolf, eventually they simply don't believe a word you say, personally I prefer to only promise things I can actually deliver, that way you avoid disappointment all round.... one thing in these two weeks they are gone, it will be cheaper to live with the gannets down in Exeter, I fail to see where they pack all the food they get through, they must have hollow legs !!


at least we won't have the last minute rush to buy the school uniforms they have been bought along with new shoes, so they won't go back to school looking tatty..... :)


I miss them already to be honest.... :( ahhh well it's only two weeks I guess, wait for the post titled "OH GOD THEY ARE BACK !!"

No comments: