Friday 3 August 2007

Miraculously !!


My ears are fixed !!! and what a relief that is, last night after getting home they just stopped hurting as if a switch had been turned off, my step daughters ear has stopped hurting as well so the ear drops have worked for both of us :)

I'm still going to carry on with them for five or so days, I have no intention of it coming back....


On a slightly different note, I have tasked my bezzie mate Chris up in North Wales to source a pair of cheap rods and reels, he is insisting on delivering them by hand, so it looks like we will be going fishing this summer, he has been dying to try out the rivers down this end and it's a case of any excuse it seems.


The last time I fished the rivers of this area I was about 9 or 10 years old, I remember the disgust my mother showed when I brought back trout and eels and then proceeded to cook and eat them, they were just above legal size but big enough for one, I really used to enjoy fishing, and we have quite a few medium sized rivers very close by to us and my youngest step son
has always wanted to go fishing but never had the opportunity....


But in the mean time I think my task this weekend is to put freeview into my step daughters bedroom, I have bought the longest drill bit I could from B&Q I hope it reaches through from her bedroom into the loft where the distribution amplifier is .....or I'm stuffed :(


The weather seems to be improving and it's nice to have a bit of summer in between the downpours we have been having, the only other notable thing was a mouse caught in the dog food bin, it was jumping around trying to get out when Roxy needed to be fed, I was all for dispatching it to mouse Valhalla, but caved in when my nearest and dearest said "noooooooooo SAVE IT.....pointing to the youngest child and wagging her head from side to side"....


So I attempted to retrieve the mouse from the dried dog food bin, needless to say the second I managed to grab the little bast@rd it sank its yellow fangs into my little finger and promptly jumped out of my hand and disappeared back into the shed, meanwhile with my finger dripping blood I cursed my way to the tap to wash it off and see to the rodent damage, it was only a little bite but by God it stung!!! And bled way too much for such a little bite. I suppose I should get a tetanus jab but so far my finger has remained pink and my jaw hasn't locked up yet :)


Needless to say I explained to my dear caring mouse loving wife, that in future I would deal with the mouse problem in my own and mostly terminal way, anyway last night another mouse had found it's way into the dog food bin, how it got in there is a mystery, they must be scaling the walls and abseiling down mission impossible style into the bin !!!


There aren't many ways you can deal with a wild mouse jumping around the dog food bin you could squash it I suppose, but I didn't relish Roxy eating mouse entrails, so the executive decision was made, the air rifle was loaded and said mouse was dispatched at point blank, it didn't even have time to bleed over the biscuits, the pellet however went through the mouse and the biscuits and the bottom of the steel bin.....oops.....probably overkill, and if you scaled it up it's probably like shooting an elephant with a 32lb Howitzer field gun point blank, but nobody got bitten and the mouse didn't feel a thing........THEY WON'T WIN THIS WAR....


I will go on to the end; I will fight them in the yard,
I will fight them on the grass and decking,
I will fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, I will
defend our outhouse, whatever the cost may be,
I will fight on the nettle patch,
I will fight in the static horse box,
I will fight in the fields and on the road outside,
I will fight in the hills;
I will never surrender........


Fade to "Battle of Britain" music....... ;¬)

No comments: