Saturday 19 December 2009

Aren't mothers great ???

She has given me all her remaining photographs she has of me and anything else relating to me, When I left (spelt D.U.M.P.E.D) my first wife I didn't take the photographs my mother had given to me and my ex wife, so I had very little left to show my new family.... but thankfully a few have survived the many many years tucked away in a drawer....

My mother even found a collection of stories and pictures by Rhiannon my middle daughter.... she had quite a fixation with Disney characters especially dogs it seems... some of the stories are lovely .... even if they only go to one chapter... but all very well laid out and neatly done :)


This one above is of me in primary school at around Christmas the twatty hats kind of give it away I think, the things you could do with crepe paper and glue in those days .... I'm probably about 5 or 6 years old here ..... I'm the one third row back left.... it's weird I can still remember some of their names ... Andrew Declaire with the hat over his eyes.... Andrew Mculloch.... Nicola Bainbridge (I think).... but it's over 40 years ago now so a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago....

And here is me with my elder sister Christine on my first day at school.... I remember it vividly .... and Gawd look at the modern car in the back ground ;¬)

... It's mad looking back at your life in photographs.... they take you right back there... something you can't do with a digital photograph.... you can't actually hold it in your hand..... ahhhh well .... I guess I must be getting a bit sentimental over Christmas.....

We'll be having NONE of that !!!


Bahhhh Humbug !!!

No comments: