Thursday 5 June 2008

A funny thing happened to me today

I was browsing the BBC news website in the technology section during my lunch break, and I came across this story about "Twitter" and thought

"ohh that looks interesting, I'll give it a try"

so I created my user name and filled in the bare essentials then up popped a screen with a twitter conversation, I immediately noticed my daughters on-line handle/persona and thought

"ahh must be somebody else using it, it is too much of a coincidence to think otherwise"

then I noticed another name with whom she is friendly, so drawn like a suicidal moth to a flame mainly because I am starved of any information about them both.....I read on..... until I got past a few pages then BINGO! she posted something about the rain battering down on the conservatory and her bedroom being right above it.... so as I was reeling with the shock of bumping into my estranged daughter on the web like this all of a sudden my access was blocked.....she threw the switch and the lights went out :(

ah well she will probably think I was stalking her and nothing could be further from the truth, I do think about them both practically every day, and I have no doubts whatsoever that they read my blog from time to time, as I know my daughter definitely stalks me on the net from time to time (my chosen field is IT after all and if you go online you leave a digital paper trail) but if neither of them want any more contact than that... then I respect their wishes..... However it did throw me a bit though

it was almost as real as bumping into them in the street.....Bizarre what are the odds on that happening again ???? (less than zero I should imagine)

No comments: