Tuesday 3 June 2008

It has been a while....

So I thought I would update my blog with some more digamy drivel, well here we are on the supposed day of action for Transaction-2007... the deadline !!!! or all ports and refineries will be blockaded, and I have just been browsing the BBC news website and there is nothing.... zip.... nada...not a solitary sausage blocking any refinery or port for that matter, well at least nothing reported to be blocking them anyway...as of yet

The reality is probably none of them can afford to drive to any blockades after last weeks convoy they have to save up to protest !!!

Diesel is still sky high around Carmarthen £1.34 it's kind of sobering when at £1.09 a few heady months back that was £5 a gallon, fuel is eating away a large proportion of my take home pay at the moment...

The French have it right, they burn lorry loads of specially bred suicide sheep at the ports at the slightest sign of public outrage, they also have a massive arsenal of police cordon barriers to throw at the police and love the taste and smell of CS gas.....

What do we do in the UK ? we sit and watch the news and roll our eyes at the high price of fuel..... then turn the TV over to watch EastEnders (I hate that utterly depressing soap...nobody is EVER happy in it...it should come with a years supply of Prozac !!)...

Oh well maybe later on today news will break that the UK has been brought to a complete standstill as three lorries and a small group of petrol heads stage their one man protest chained to a set of swinging gates, as the fuel delivery lorries file past the rows of baton happy police.... it is after all a terrorist threat

me suffering from apathy ? .... nah just can't afford to join them ;¬)

and a small family related update, at some time soon Elonex will be delivering my step daughters belated birthday present the "Elonex one" in pink, hopefully it will be treated with a bit more respect than all the other electronic gizmo's she has systematically destroyed through abuse and neglect... I mean HOW do you lose a remote control in your bedroom ? rendering a perfectly good digital freeview box inoperable in one fair swoop ? I give up .....ahhh well if she trashes this she'll be getting boots vouchers from now on ;¬)

ohhh and while I'm at it..... rechargeable batteries which seem to simply disappear from ownership within one week of purchasing them ??? how ? I've bought two sets of quite expensive 2500MAh batteries for my Nikon digital camera, I even put them away in the camera case as spares, but the minute they are put into the charger I go back within three or four hours and they have walked !!!! grrrrrr

and as for news on the newest addition to the family front, Freya has discovered her feet, we got hold of a baby walker a couple of weeks ago and after a refit from me to free the wheels and a liberal spraying of PTFE and a slightly halting start followed by "was that me that just moved it, or you ?" look from her... there is simply no stopping her now, she races around in the "tank" as we call it bumping into walls and doors ...... screeching in delight then of course she is trying to grab anything with her eagle eyes and gripping hands, she does look like a juvenile Dalek with the armour removed, but it's lovely to see her moving under her own steam.... :)

No comments: