Sunday 29 June 2008

The weekend landed and went :(

I'm on early shift this week at work, which means I have to get up at stupid o'clock and drag my sorry backside into Swansea for a week, it's not so bad I guess at least I get to finish at 4:30pm everyday so I have "some" time to relax after work... it's not that the job is hard, it's hardly taxing physically.... it just requires me to use my brain from the minute I get in to the second I leave...... there doesn't seem to be any happy medium at work, it's either flat out and fit your breathing in around what you're doing, or staring at the walls watching the paint peel off slowly and believe me that's a long wait because the offices are brand new and immaculate.....anyway after work the big off switch is flicked and I join the traffic with all the other zombies working for a living and head off back home... every cloud has a silver lining I guess

This weekend has been pretty poor weather wise and ironically it brightened up the latter part of today (Sunday) and even got pretty damn hot.... and sorry but no real news, except the epic Shell Island trip is looming which perversely I'm really looking forward to, all those massive sand dunes the clear blue sea and warm beer in the chav pub, my best mate and his wife are coming along with their three kids so it should be one hell of a laugh, he is bringing his sea kayak and obviously his fishing gear so who knows we may even dine out on some mercury laden and partially cooked by Chernobyl's best quality Iodine 135 an incredibly ugly fish dragged from the very depths of our North Wales beach side camping area...

Oh our vacuum cleaner packed up the suck this weekend, well I say it doesn't suck that's not entirely true, it does but with the most deafening whine you can imagine.... health and safety would probably recommend you use ear defenders whilst it's on.... so after I stripped it down to find out where the almost jet engine like whine was coming from, several screws later and a vacuum cleaner that looked like it had been made safe by army bomb disposal on a bad day, it was soon apparent that the bearing had actually gone on the motor.... so time to shop around for another one..... the Frank Whittle designed upright cleaner has been offered on Freecycle with a warning that only the deaf or partially deaf should ask for it......

anyway we looked in the online laminated book of dreams (Argos website) and we immediately skipped over the stupidly priced ones... I say stupidly priced .....I mean anything over £50 and after much umming and ahhhh'ing and a £1 thirty day trial to the WHICH website.... we settled on a Samsung SC4360.... apparently it would have been a best buy on the WHICH website but they didn't have reliability data from Samsung on it.... but at £51.99 and coming in slightly over budget for my liking ;¬) it was picked up by my long suffering other half who insisted on visiting the Carmarthen boot sale at the same time......whilst I lounged around in my dressing gown watching Top Gear on Dave..... I would have got dressed but I dare not set foot into or around the bedroom for fear of waking Freya.....considering you only have to touch the door handle these days and she lays in bed with eyes wide open like a Vampire disturbed in her coffin in a bad Dracula film of the 1930's....

anyway it arrived home was assembled and Andrea says she loves it, I have to say it does have a ridiculous amount of suction for such a small vacuum cleaner and is remote control as well :)
(alas not remote control enough to get it to hoover the house)...... But I have to say vacuum cleaners do not hold my interest ....for long anyway....I'm just glad we have a nice quiet one now, instead of it sounding like she is testing Thrust SSC in every room

I STILL have the Jeep's tension bar to replace and it's a race against time now, because the brand new tyres are starting to show uneven wear again, but with my shoulder still out of action it's unlikely I will be able to even attempt it for another two or three weeks :( otherwise the only wrenching I will be doing is my shoulder.....again...

I'm taking time off Aikido even though our instructor wants me to attend (I bet he does at £4 a throw....excuse the pun ;¬) ) but it's seems pretty pointless to me considering I won't actually be doing anything even if I do go... But I shall be taking the Xbox 360 recluse religiously because he does really enjoy it... the only other thing of note is that he has got a job interview at a sports shop in Carmarthen !!! I'm really pleased for him, it will mean he gets out and meets real people and has some cash to spend this summer (and pay for his own Aikido !!!) instead of going a pasty white colour twitching his thumbs to extinction on some battle simulation game.... providing he gets the job of course, and Xbox boy being Xbox boy he has already spent the money and is lining up his todo list for the Summer.... he has given up on a car after he found out the insurance alone was over £2000 (third party)..... and was told in no uncertain terms that there was no way on earth either Andrea or I would put him on our policy....... Generous we are, but stupid we are not !!! ;¬)

anyway that's just about all the new news I have for you, I'll try and post more regularly but it's hard to find things to talk about when nothing is going on....... and there really isn't anything going on ..... just life

No comments: