Friday 19 June 2009

It's FOMO boy's birthday !!!


Yes shadow boy has reached the age of 10 years old as of today, he's also been given the title of FOMO boy or Fear Of Missing Out boy..... or in other words if somebody puts some toast on then he has to have some toast, if Andrea and I go out on the decking for a chat or just to simply soak up some evening sun ..... yes you've guessed it FOMO boy makes an appearance.....


He got his dream present this morning a Nintendo DSi ... he had to trade in his old DS-lite to get it mind, personally I think a PS2 an Xbox360 and a DSi are far too many consoles to have, mind you his dad has the Xbox and said it's being repaired, but it's been months now....... anyway life on a console seems that is the way of the world these days, we've tried to wean him off console games and fair do's he does actually step out blinking into the sunlight sometimes and rides his bike, which is more than can be said for the love sick xbox boy, who isn't very chuffed with me at the moment because I have banned his Xbox off the internet until we get a decent amount of bandwidth back off BT.....

I actually got sick of it, there I was one evening just trying to get my email and it was taking days to download, so I logged into the router and had a look at the statistics page and there he was on his MAC address sucking the very life out of our pityful broadband.... I flicked the off switch on his MAC address and as if by magic my email arrived within seconds..... followed thirty seconds later by him coming into my office and saying "my IP address has gone and my gateway....???" to which I replied "I know.... I turned you off"......I think he muttered something along the lines of "That's so gay...." ....whatever that means in Teenspeek these days...... anyway I've told him his xbox is off the net for the foreseeable future at least until BT sort out the wet string connection we currently have..... he was not impressed..... well I can understand it, that's nearly 80% of his life gone down the swanny in one fair swoop..... he might even have to communicate with the family heaven forbid, instead of using the place like a hotel 24/7 .........

No comments: