Friday 3 July 2009

Marathon or Snickers anybody ?

Andrea is running in next years London Marathon !!! :) she has a "Golden Bond Charity Place" and she is running for Asthma Research....her welcome pack arrived this morning :) ....... Apparently it's not the Flora Marathon any more but the Virgin Marathon, either way it's the same circuit she did a few years back.

She is really excited about it, although I can't see what the excitement is about with the thought of running 26 miles around London..... but each to their own.... either way she has to raise £1500 sponsorship between now and the Marathon, but she's already been promised £500 from the school for a non uniform day, so that's a long way towards her goal. She was spurred on by the recent and tragic death of a schoolgirl at the school she works at who died from an asthma attack. That said her training is going well and she seems to be enjoying it....... thus far.

The only other thing of note was me upsetting my step daughter last night.... I was rudely awoken at stupid past midnight to the TV blaring some inane drivel downstairs.... I waited, I listened... then I realised that there was no way on earth my step daughter would watch what was on, because it wasn't either "Friends, Hollyoaks or 90210 the reprise, anyway I quickly came to the decision that she had fallen asleep on the sofa (again) ......

I weighed up the options ie/ turning off the distribution amplifier in our loft.... but thought no that wouldn't do the TV much good showing a blue screen all night, plus the total waste of electricity....... so there was only one thing for it, I sighed, launched myself out of bed then trudged downstairs not in the best of moods and sure enough when I got into the lounge there she was curled up in a ball on the sofa.....with the TV blasting out, I'm pretty sure if I had rolled a live grenade in the room and it had gone off, she would have merely grunted and turned over..... Anyway I marched over to the TV and jabbed at the off button in an annoyed fashion and off it went.......silence.....utter bliss... I then turned on my heel in a foul mood and went back to bed...to be fair I did consider waking her up for about 2.387 nanoseconds... but it passed without a decision being made.....

I was greeted this morning by a very grumpy 15 year old who asked "why didn't you wake me up last night ?" to which I replied

"For God's sake you're 15 now, if you can't get yourself to bed, I'm certainly not going to wake you up.... if you want to freeze to death downstairs instead of going to sleep under your duvet.... then that's your problem not mine...... just you make bloody sure you turn off the TV before you decide to go to sleep next time...." and I was about to add "Or I will wake you up next time but with a cup of cold water" .... but in a true Kevin and Perry styleeeee off she huffed to school.... she's learning but it's a slow process Mrs Patterson........

But to be fair and good on her though, because she is supervising donkey rides tomorrow at some show for some extra pocket money, fair do's on the girl she's much more enterprising than her older brother who seems to be under the impression that somebody will gladly employ him to play xbox games all day.... Oh and he is going to University now, Army last week, Uni this week.... probably Al Qaeda next week, which is all well and good but I hear their pension plan is pretty rubbish.......

No comments: