Tuesday 14 July 2009

You know that moment when you start something and wish you hadn't ?

Well..... I've just come in from cutting the grass and I'm soaked through, the thing is cutting the grass at our place isn't a case of whipping out the electric flymo for a quick hover over the brown patch of growth at the front of the house.... no this is Wales......where rain is rain and torrential is the word....and grass grows knee high in the blink of an eye....

I'd just finished my lunch and was listening to the weather forecast and it wasn't looking good, especially the next few days, and the grass REALLY needed cutting... even birds of prey were getting lost in it......so I dragged out the "beast" filled it with petrol and as always it started up immediately.... I managed our back lawn in no time flat....

and so I should have because I sharpened the blades on it the other day.... the "beast" would probably give a Samurai sword a run for its money !!

My intention was to tackle the front and side lawns as well... So I trundled the "beast" down the side of the house and made short work of one side of the front lawn... and I was just about to start on the other side and it started to bucket down...you know the kind of rain.... a few heavy spots warning then a wave breaks over your head from above...... the thing is.... I like to finish things I start and I dutifully walked back and forth realising I was fighting a losing battle... but I got there in the end, soaked but happy as I trundled the by now heavily steaming "beast" back into the workshop... I'm probably a bit warped but I love the smell of 4 stroke petrol and grass cuttings mixed ....

Right onward and upward.... I'm even considering replacing the bathroom light above the mirror because we can't get any bulbs for it any more .... I must be bored..... we shall see....

No comments: