Friday 9 April 2010

Google Street View

Is nothing short of amazing... for those of you not in the know if you download Google Earth and enable the street view option it allows you to drop into a picture bubble for pretty much any location that has been mapped by the Google van.... For instance

I decided to look at my old house in Kippax mainly because I could remember the post code ...... and within seconds was amazed to find that they still have up the front gate I made all those years ago....see quality craftsmanship always lasts !!! ;¬) (that gate must have been made pre 1994 ...)




And here is the tree I used to swing my daughter Emma off when we'd come back from the park (or waste ground as it was then..... near the disused railway track) that tree was practically a sapling when we lived there ... it's grown..... much like my daughter......probably.....



but then the devil got the better of me (as he usually does.....) and I looked at my former marital home in Tumble to find that the 2nd floor window which lay between my daughter Rhiannon's bedroom and what used to be the former marital bedroom STILL hasn't got a proper curtain up...

tut tut ...... I guess the ex STILL hasn't got around to it yet...but fair do's it's only been 7 years or so....

I am also one of those lucky individuals who has been immortalised outside my house on Google street view... the odds of being outside whilst the Google van takes a picture of the outside of your house must be pretty slim... but I'm definitely there albeit with my face smudged out... no mistaking me though :)

The things you can do on the Internet these days are mind boggling .... and to think I only came on to configure Andrea's Garmin Forerunner GPS via Google Earth.... easily distracted it seems......

No comments: