Saturday 24 April 2010

She's off !!!!

As I speak sitting on a train bound for London for the Marathon tomorrow her Marathon number is 34317 which can be tracked in Facebook or various other applications like the Nike website.... She has my rucksack packed to the with various bits and pieces and my compact digital camera which she is under threat of death or worse if she loses it !!


She's hit her fund raising target and has actually gone over it which she is pleased about because this time last week she had nearly £200 to find, thankfully a few of her friends chipped in and a few from the school where she works and it took her over her target. So all she has to do now is run the 26 miles around London..... doddle.....


On a slightly different note I see that my eldest daughter Emma has climbed Snowdon for the first time, I'm sure it's not a secret because it's in her Flickr account although once she has read this she will probably lock down everything and scuttle away because the Eye of Sauron has found her....(again)..... it's actually not that hard to find people if you know how, and requires absolutely no effort on my part.......I've known about Emma since the the days of World of Arl but she burst onto the Internet proper on the 23 January this year when she started her blog I guess she has to what with her studying her BA in Photography etc

I was informed of it's creation within minutes via email ........ and I've even found my middle daughter Rhiannon as well... It's nice to know what they are doing and up to these days... but if they choose to disappear again so be it.... I don't get upset about it these days what will be will be ......if they put their head above the parapet again I'll be informed via email... easy come easy go.....

Anyway judging by the stunning pictures she went up the Pyg track which is by far the easiest route and descended down the motorway track (as I call it, its the ones the tourists use in their trainers and flip flops) which follows the railway track again the easiest , not knocking her achievement at all just voicing my personal preferences .....it's a nice climb but not my favourite, I much prefer the Watkin path which starts at the base of the mountain not half way up it and is definitely the prettiest of routes scenery wise, it passes some stunning waterfalls and bridges and has bitter sweet memories for me because that's the path I broke my coccyx (my arse bone to anybody else) on one freezing January a few years ago...... but if you really want a challenge do Crib Goch but it's not for the the faint hearted or the ones terrified of heights....the consequences of losing your footing would be pretty terminal......

The only thing that upsets me is that on her first walk up Snowdon she got to see the magnificent views from the summit and take some stunning photographs to boot !!!! ......something which I have never seen or done in the 16 or so times (I forget it may be more....) I've got some foggy ones and some snowy ones and some raining ones but that's it !!! gutted !!! I've even guided friends up there and brought them back down safely but NEVER not once have I witnessed the stunning views..... :(

I've done every route up and down every conceivable path it has and a few of my own..... she must just have beginners luck... I'll see it one day for myself.... Who knows maybe one day she'll do some of the rock climbs I've done and put her hand in the same holds I used... bizarre.....Although I don't think she is into rock climbing.... yet.....

We were hoping to do Snowdon this year ourselves as a family just Me,Andrea, Fomo boy and Freya... but Freya is getting a bit too big for a Carrysack and I don't think she'd be too happy being lugged up there and back down and she certainly wouldn't be able to make it up there and back under her own steam... but who knows we shall see.... we might have to postpone that until she's a bit older..... and me.....


No comments: