Sunday 2 September 2007

The ride of my life !!!!

I'm staying with some very good friends in North Wales, I basically needed a break from the onslaught of work, seeing as two of the team had left and the remaining two of us had to take on their workload until they are replaced, it's very hard work, there is no let up from the minute you walk in until you leave, and even then the phones are still ringing with users desperately trying to get their IT support.

Anyway the drive up was pretty painless, I took my wife's rollerskate the Peugot 106, it's a bit scary after driving the Terrano for so long, but it was ok.. I filled it up before I left with a whole 25 quid and it's only barely dented the full tank getting up here, if I had brought up my jeep I would be down 36 quid by now... I couldn't use my GPS because the Pug doesn't have a cigar lighter so pointless, and besides my wife needed to know what speed she was going at considering the Jeep's speedo is broken, on top of which the exhaust is broken and it needs shock absorbers all round, so it's going to be an expensive job (the speedo cable is 54 quid alone !!!)

Once my hosts get out of bed I will say my goodbyes to them and head on back to South Wales, I've had such a laugh here, but Chris always cheers me up...... he is basically mental and how his wife puts up with him I will never know :)

The kids are now back from the Devonian outback, she got a bit upset with some of the things her ex said to her, but it doesn't last long these days she just laughs at how ridiculous some of the things he says these days... he really should be over it by now, or at least take issue with the people he is complaining about, he is getting a much easier ride of it than I have, at least he sees his kids, and doesn't have the CSA chasing after him for the upkeep of his kids. (well I say chasing in my case I've had two letters off them since the divorce.... hardly chasing)

I don't know why they are bothering to be honest because I have an exemption certificate issued by them, I guess it must be my ex wife nagging them...she was good at that, but if you haven't got it then they can't take it.... If I had it I would gladly support my children, but I can't, I suppose their argument would be "well you are supporting another man's three children and a fourth is on the way.... can't you support two more ?"

Well yes if I stopped supporting my wife's kids and let them go hungry, and pay for two children I don't see, yes I suppose I could, but then they would have to chase after her ex husband for support......... Good luck....they'll bloody need it !!! but I think his kids would have died of starvation before they got anything out of him .....

anyway the tribe has woken up here, I have Finlay the youngest lad (he's 3) hanging off my leg saying he loves me, I suppose I had better go make a coffee get my stuff together and say my goodbyes, it's been a blast being up here, my batteries have been recharged, I'm ready for the onslaught of normality .....again

No comments: