Friday 14 September 2007

The weekend had landed.......

Right up until I was tasked with restarting a massive Novell server in Port Talbot, which has more storage than a small planet made of silicon..... it takes ages to shut it down gracefully, but takes even longer to fire it back up, so my 6pm finish will be delayed somewhat, which has put a bit of a downer on my weekend dash home, ah well best laid plans of mice and men eh ?

nothing much to report on the home front, my step daughter still has her foot in plaster, although she seems to be in no pain, so that's a plus I suppose, she is off to a party tonight with some friends and I think they are staying over as well, the eldest delinquent is staying at a friends house, no doubt to play with a different xbox360 his life seems to revolve around the thing, I dread to think of the arguments we would have had if I hadn't made his xbox wireless (rather cheaply done I might add as well at £27 instead of £80 for the Microshaft wifi dongle) and not to mention the trail of wires all over the place.... my step daughter is content with the laptop in her bedroom and it works well considering it's having to transmit through 3 walls one of them being an outside wall as well ..... it certainly reduced arguments when it arrived with constant "I want to go on the computer" and "you've been on it ages now.....MUMMMMMMMMM" ad infinitum ..... and there was absolutely no chance they were going to be allowed within keyboard distance of my PC, considering the carnage they inflict on the other two, fortunately I have a disk image of the laptop and it can be re-imaged very quickly now, anyway that's enough of the IT department talk

the only task that really needs doing this weekend now are the lawns, we have three of them, a medium size one at the front, a small one at the back, and a massive one below the decking, so it looks like I will have an attack of "white finger" by Saturday evening if previous grass cutting episodes are anything to go by, and I must remember that the petrol strimmer has an ON switch before I try and start it fruitlessly ... :¬)


the only other thing I intend doing is definitely going trout fishing this weekend, I wanted to go last weekend but various things interrupted that particular plan.....

well I've updated my blog, only another hour before I restart the server and wait.......and wait......and wait some more........then HOME !!!

No comments: