Wednesday 19 September 2007

second hand Peugot 106 for sale !!!

(Three careful owners....yeah right)

The Peugot 106 is not long for this world it by the looks, I had just come off the M4 onto the slip road just outside Swansea this morning and the car was pointing downwards on the slip waiting in the traffic when this white sweet smelling mist enveloped the car, it didn't take me long to realise it was the car I was driving emitting the cloud of white sugar smoke.

I suspect either the head gasket has gone or going or the cylinder head is cracked, it's been a bit iffy since Andrea broke down in Tesco's with it when the radiator blew this summer, and rather than leave it where it blew it's radiator she drove it to Tesco's where it finally died, "it was making a funny knocking sound" apparently.....I despair ....(rolls eyes....she is the Hannibal Lecter of second hand cars), I think the rot set in then, I fitted a new radiator to it hoping no damage was done to the engine, but it hasn't been 100% since it was fitted, it's been losing water and getting air locks mysteriously for months not very much though with nothing showing on the floor, and now I know where it has been leaking, strangely the engine oil is still engine oil colour and not turning chocolatey and the water is water without any oil, I spoke to my local garage who looks after the Jeep and he says the Peugot 106 is renowned for cracking it's cylinder head because it's cooling system is so crap, I wholly agree with that and bleeding the cooling system is not my favourite pastime and anyway repairing it would cost about £400 or thereabouts, and considering that's roughly what the car cost in the first place it's not really worth spending more money on it, so we have a Peugot 106 with a brand new radiator and 12 months road tax....any offers ????...... thought not :(

it's going to go eventually, so I may as well drive it into the ground and give it a good send off, shame really because it's only done 74,000 miles which is half the mileage of my jeep which is still going strong :) it may just end up on ebay for breaking/spares....... one thing I know is we are NOT having 2nd hand cars cluttering up the drive

No comments: