Tuesday 1 April 2008

Some good news.....and some bad news....

Freya is in hospital tonight :( with bronchiolitis, thankfully it's not that serious but she has had a wheezy chest for about 3 weeks now.... she went to the doctors last week after her chest hadn't cleared after a cold she had and didn't seem to be getting any better, and the doctor put her on Ventolin which did absolutely nothing for her, anyway we both decided she should go back to the doctor this morning and she did, the doctor immediately wanted her admitted to hospital, because it obviously wasn't getting any better....

So I drove back from work, they were very good about it I must say, and Andrea and I took her into hospital, she had some SATS taken and her oxygen level was fine, but obviously something needed doing to ease her breathing, so they decided to keep her in overnight and keep her under observation ... and possibly try different bronchial dilators on her....

I then had to come home and look after the other kids, so a tuna pasta bacon bake (weird combo I know but it strangely works very well....it's home pride brand but you have to add the tuna yourself ;¬) ) was initiated and enjoyed by all, my step daughter is staying at a friends tonight so that made things easy food wise as she only eats rice and cardboard chicken ...... not that she is a fussy eater or anything...... heaven forbid !!!

the only other thing of note was Andrea's ex husband (I won't use his name because I don't have his permission to use it on here, just like I don't use the other kids names either) ringing up initially I presume to talk to the kids and I think the xbox recluse told him Freya was in hospital.....anyway he offered to come up and look after the kids, which I thought was a lovely thing to say, considering we don't exactly see eye to eye (as he stated.....twice....;¬) ) , but fair do's to him for offering, I explained that she would "probably " be out tomorrow so there wouldn't be any need , but thanked him for making the gesture.. it was really nice and was appreciated :¬)

if only my ex was as accommodating...... damn I forgot she always was....... just not with me .... ;¬)

No comments: