Tuesday 10 November 2009

This made me laugh.....

A woman has been convicted of being too noisy whilst having sex apparently they recorded noise levels slightly in excess of 47 decibels !!! horrendous !!

or so it seems until you look at a scale of comparable noises made everyday .....


For instance a Jet taking off at 25 metres is 150db and you would probably suffer eardrum rupture and then at the other end of the scale you have breathing .... you know in ....out.....in....out .....well that comes in at a deafening 10db.... 47db comes in between what you would experience in a quiet library or possibly a conversation in your own home..... hardly causing blood to spatter out of your ears..... now is it ?

but their neighbours were probably right.... things can sound REALLY loud if you have your ear to a glass on the wall ......

It reminds me of my old neighbours in Kippax, my ex wife and I had a bit of a war with them when I was renovating the bathroom and putting a power shower in (all the rage in the 80's you know ;¬) ) .... I'd warned them that I was going to be banging nails into the bathroom floor in readiness for bracing the floor for the ceramic tiles to be laid, and I'd told them I was going to have to hammer in a LOT of nails to get the marine ply to stay put....They were ok with all of that ...... but no sooner did I start driving the nails in than "MogaDon the mad monk of Kippax" and "Manic Maria" his wife started hammering the partition wall with something ...... so the devil in me rushed into our bedroom on the other side of the house and started banging the partition wall ... then running back and hammering a few more nails in on the other side of the house..... mind you they were strange.... I was once woken up by Gregorian chant music blaring out at 3am in the morning !!! (hence the mad monk title)..... So nice now to live without neighbours :)

No comments: