Monday 5 November 2007

Not just any post but an M&S post

I am wearing not any ordinary woollen jumper today but an M&S jumper, in a very nice black colour and I used to love it, unfortunately it was put into not just any tumble dryer but our very own tumble dryer consequently it is now considerably smaller than it was and starting to moult like an 11 year old Labrador bitch when you touch it..... I got out of the car this morning and my trousers looked like they had been spattered with black ink, and it was only when I tried to brush it off I realised it was fall out from my previously immaculate jumper.....

So I rushed into the kitchen and started a procedure which I wish I hadn't, I wet my hands and started to brush off my trousers which worked fabulously, right up until I started on my jumper, needless to say my hands looked like a werewolf's by the time I had finished, and it was showing no signs of reducing, the more I brushed the more woolly my hands got.....

So I spent a good 10 minutes brushing myself down, only to be walked in on by one of my co workers who stopped dead in his tracks when confronted by my incredibly hairy hands.....anyway it gets worse, I washed my hands off in the sink and the sink is one of the ones that has a saniflow pump underneath it.... you know exactly where this is going don't you ?

yes the saniflow greedily ate all my fluff then made the most horrible screeching sound......

I quickly walked out of the kitchen and did an incredibly convincing "what the hell is that noise ???"....... an engineer is currently dismantling the saniflow.....I just hope he doesn't try and do forensic wool match on me or I'm sunk......;¬)

I got caught short by Freya over the weekend, I think this has happened to every parent on the planet, and it's all to do with timing, and face reading....

I was happily changing her rather full nappy, content in the fact that she couldn't possibly have anything left in her.... I had got to the stage where you are in between the dirty nappy and clean nappy swap, lifted her bottom up and was about to slide the clean one into place when...and this is the important bit, I should have been paying attention to the concentration written all over her face and her clenched fists, needless to say something had to give and it did, but you have a dilemma, do you quickly substitute the dirty nappy which is furthest away from her or quickly put the clean nappy under the offending bottom ? as it turned out my dithering was my undoing.... one perfectly clean blanket is now in the wash. I calculate you have less than half a second to make a decision at that critical moment, which is bizarre really because there shouldn't be any dithering because nappies are for catching poop ....sooner or later


at this point I'll take a nod to Roger who emailed me this morning and told me he is reading my blog, you're welcome Roger, just try not to read it when you're drinking coffee at work or wine come to think of it, keyboards hate the stuff ;¬)

I think I have 6 readers now (well 6 that admit it)....tomorrow the world !!!!

No comments: