Tuesday 19 February 2008

I'm off sick today :¬(

I went to bed at around 11pm feeling pretty grotty, and woke up at around 1am coughing this continued until about 2am when I got out of bed and went downstairs because I was disturbing my other room mates... I didn't get back to sleep until about 6am :¬(

it's one of those colds where your nose is constantly streaming and it was that which kept me awake as it trickled down my throat (TMI I know) eventually I got myself off to sleep by propping myself up on the sofa and next thing I knew Andrea was waking me up ..... I felt dreadful

I had already sent an email off at 5am saying I would "probably" be in in the afternoon once I had had some sleep, but when I was woken up I didn't feel much better to be honest....

so I rang and told them the bad news, it does make me feel guilty taking time off work especially when there are only two of us on shift..... but there isn't a lot I can do about it really, hopefully I'll be back on my feet tomorrow... I hate being ill, I blame it on kids, they drag all sorts of diseases back from school ;¬)

it doesn't help feeling run down of late, it's probably left my defences a bit low hence the dreaded lurgy

No comments: