Friday 21 December 2007

bit of a scary moment this morning

I was merrily minding my own business driving along to work when out of the slip road just past the Crosshands roundabout out popped a huge truck with a trailer behind it so I slowed down and let him in and was waiting for the column of cars in the outside lane to pass me before pulling out, when all of a sudden the trailer started billowing blue and white smoke as the two back wheels simply locked up....

I slammed on thinking I was about to become intimately entangled in the truck in front of me because I thought the truck driver had slammed his brakes on hard.... only to see the truck carry on and still have all this smoke pouring from the wheels of the trailer, well after I managed to push my heart back into my chest I started flashing the driver (with my headlights.....rolls eyes), by this time sparks were flying off the wheels as they were rubbed down to the wire braid they have in them, I continued flashing then beeping as did the rest of the cars behind me and to my side, eventually the driver after about 3/4 of a mile pulled over to the hard shoulder, by this time the back wheels of the trailer were a full on blaze..... and as I was driving past, the truck driver jumped out of the truck with his fire extinguisher and in my rear view mirror was dealing with the blaze....

Certainly woke me up !!!

No comments: