Monday 4 June 2007

Blogs are a bit of a paradox

Here I am at work (shshshshsh) contemplating Blogs.....What did people do
before the Internet when they wanted to record something to remember? They
wrote it down in a journal I suppose, would they have dreamed of publishing
their journal for all and sundry to read? Probably not, unless it was an
autobiography of course, so what prompts a person to publish their own blog?

Well in my case it's to let family members know what is going on in my life,
for those who are interested in reading it, and judging by my complete
inability to keep in contact either by pen, email, or phone, it's probably a
good idea, I considered keeping it a closed blog, and only letting people
whom I authorise access to it, but lets face it, the people who know me,
know all about me anyway, and the ones that don't I'll probably never meet,
and anybody who is reading this and knows me but doesn't like me......get
over it, the likelihood is I don't like you either and probably more,
because I'm not reading your blog :)

To some reading this blog it may well be the most boring collection of inane rubbish on the planet, with no whizzy graphics, or music pumping out, or endless links to this or that, to be honest with you, I don't care, because I'm not keeping it to impress people, it's just me as I am at that point in time, and some of the things that I feel the urge to write about, one thing you will notice is that I very rarely use names in it, and that's
because it's not fair on the individual, where I do use names it will be

with their full permission, and that of course means any pictures as well :)

No comments: