Wednesday 27 June 2007

Update on HM Inland Revenue & other ramblings

Well after they received my letter stating I wasn't dead to the best of my knowledge, they sent back a lovely letter stating why they thought I was dead and apologised for killing me off, on paper at least, and kindly
removed the £100 late return penalty, I have until the end of September to put my tax return in now, it's for 2006 which quite frankly was a very disappointing year earnings wise, I was living up in North Wales on the
princely sum of £200 a month, which barely allowed me to eat let alone anything else, I have to say though it was a pretty stress free existence, it seems the more money you earn the more problems it brings along with it, since my divorce I have been through a bit of a grinding mill financially, some of it self inflicted but the majority directly due to the divorce and it's costs and losses and of course the loss of my business, but finally I can see some light at the end of the tunnel now, it's been a long hard struggle and still is sometimes but I am far from what could be called financially sound at the moment.

I have however managed to avoid bankruptcy, which is a good thing :) which cannot be said of my ex wife's partner, who had his house seized by the sheriff up in Scotland (sounds like an episode from robin hood !!!), something to do with HM Customs & VAT apparently, I stumbled across it while looking at the Edinburgh Gazette one day, and his name and his old house name just jumped out at me, just goes to show even millionaires can cock up their finances, although I seriously doubt he ever was one, and he most definitely isn't one ->now<- .....


I wish them well to be honest and I hope they are happy, as I am now, and one important thing I have learned is that no amount of money or possessions can make you happy .....it lies within, what is important is being with somebody who cares and loves you, as much as you do about them, something which I didn't have for so long, but I do now :)




It's cool to be married again, and especially to the right person this time :)

No comments: