Tuesday 19 June 2007

The Game of Mousetrap


I found a humane mousetrap when we moved into our house, anyway after clearing out the outhouse, I discovered we had visitors, small four footed visitors who had been stealing peanuts for the birds, hundreds and hundreds of peanuts shelled and eaten in a blanket stowed next to the boiler........so "Ahhhhh" I thought, I retrieved the humane mousetrap, filled it with peanuts and set it by the boiler, low and behold in the morning a brown mouse, extremely fat and decidedly worried it couldn't get away, I let it go quite a few yards from the house, and reset the trap, next morning, yes you guessed it.....another fat brown mouse, obviously it had feasted all night, when I let it go, it could hardly waddle fast enough it was that stuffed with peanuts......


I'm beginning to wonder if I am trapping the same mouse, so tonight I intend to find some food colouring and dye the unfortunate mouse something fetching in green or whatever we have in the cupboard, (might even be a punk mouse with red stripes) either way I will find out if this is the same mouse, the downside is depending on what food colouring we have, we may end up with psychedelic, multicoloured mice running around the place, who knows word might spread, I could end up inadvertently starting a craze amongst mice, you know


"yeah it's easy dude, just go to metal box, in through the trapdoor, stuff
yourself silly on peanuts all night and you get a free dye job in the
morning, then you're let out and it's fine....look at me I think green suits
me to be honest"

The alternative of course is to buy a "non humane" mousetrap, at least that
way I will know I'm not trapping the same mouse ;¬)

No comments: