Sunday 24 June 2007

Well I've gone and done diggety done it

We have gone and tied the matrimonial knot, we were very lucky with the weather, at 1pm the skies cleared and the sun shone right up until 7pm, almost as if it had been booked, which was a complete contrast to the early morning where the rain was coming down like stair rods, I had a very enjoyable "stag do" although it can hardly be called a drunken pub crawl, we stayed in the same pub all night, but I didn't get home until 7am ......oops, other than that it was brilliant, we even had a real live Scotsman complete with Kilt (my wife's brother), and despite my wife to be at the time giggling/crying at the same time whilst walking down the aisle, doing a very passable Edward Heath impression, I think, overall everybody had a wonderful time, the food laid on by our respective parents was mind boggling everything under the sun, and our Hungarian friends Quiche's were devoured like wildfire...and to make a perfect day even more special.....I was even given a hug from two of my now step children, where they welcomed me to the family, it brought a lump to my throat being called "step dad".......it's been a while since I've been called anything ........relating to "Dad" anyway :)

So life returns to normal once more, confetti gone, we still have a mountain of cheese to get rid of and more booze than you can shake a stick at (thanks to my sister in London :) ) Don't worry it will be sorted out this summer I can assure you ;¬)

No comments: